FUTMINNA Post-UTME/DE 2019: Cut-off Marks, Dates, Eligibility And Registration Details
FUTMINNA Post-UTME registration, cut-off marks, eligibility, application cost, screening dates and deadline for the 2019/2020 academic session have been announced. Cut-off mark is 180 and above (depending on the course.) . Cost is N2000. Registration begins Aug 15 – Sept 8th, 2019. Screening holds Monday 16th – Thursday 19th September, 2019 while DE screening holds Friday 20th – Saturday 21st September, 2019. Full details below;
This is to inform all UTME and Direct Entry (DE) candidates who have applied for admission into the Federal University of Technology, Minna for the 2019/2020 academic session that the University has scheduled the University Pre-Admission Screening Exercise (UPASE) to hold at the University Main Campus, Gidan Kwano, Minna, as follows:
|Commencement date for Online Registration:||00.01hrs Thursday, 15th August, 2019.||00.01hrs Thursday, 15th August, 2019.|
|Close of Online Registration:||12.00hrs midnight on Sunday 8th September, 2019.||12.00hrs midnight on Sunday 8th September, 2019.|
|Dates of Screening exercise:||Monday 16th – Thursday 19th September, 2019||Friday 20th – Saturday 21st September, 2019|
Candidates are hereby notified that the screening exercise shall be conducted using the Computer-Based Test (CBT) platform.
(i) Only UTME and DE candidates who selected Federal University of Technology, Minna as First choice are eligible for the screening exercise.
(ii) UTME candidates must have a minimum UTME score of 180, except for those courses for which higher cut-off marks have been indicated on the University website.
(iii) All candidates must possess a minimum of five ‘O’ level credits including Mathematics and English Language at not more than two sittings in subjects relevant to their proposed courses. In addition, Direct Entry candidates must possess a minimum of Lower Credit at National Diploma and/or Higher National Diploma level(s) or Merit at NCE level.
(iv) UTME candidates that have met the minimum score of their chosen courses, but do not have the UTME or O’level subjects combination are eligible to change to any other course whose requirements are met by the candidates.
(v) Only ‘O’ level result print-out(s) downloaded directly from the website(s) of the National Examining Bodies (WAEC/ NECO/NABTEB) or photocopies of original certificate(s) will be accepted for venfication.
How to Apply
Candidates are to pay a non-refundable fee of Two thousand Naira (N2,000) only (i.e. One thousand Naira (N1,000.00) only for the Computer Based Test (CBT) screening and One thousand Naira (N 1,000.00) only as (University Processing Fee) through REMITA platform.
On the page that appears, click on ‘UPASE-UTME Login’
- Enter your JAMB registration number.
- Enter one of your names.
- Click on ‘Login’.
- On a page that appears, you are required to upload your recent coloured passport photograph in JPG format (Width 150 px, Height 170 px).
- Choose another course from the list of departments if your UTME/’O’ level subject combinations do not meet the minimum requirements for the course registered with JAMB.
NOTE: The system automatically detects if you have the required UTME subject combination and the minimum score for the programme selected.
- Status of ‘O’ Level results (click on the appropriate box).
- Click on ‘Proceed to payment gateway’.
- Confirm your entries.
- Click on the payment link button to proceed to payment gateway.
- Payment is done through Debit Card (MasterCard – Most preferred) or Verve (only the ones enabled for online payment) or Bank branch (by generating RRR from application portal).
- Enter ATM Debit card details (Card number, expiry date, CVV 2 i.e the 3 digits behind your card, and pin number)
- If payment is successful, the screen will display all the data you previously entered.
- Click on the ‘Print’ button to print the document
- Keep the printout and take it to the UPASE venue
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE
All eligible candidates are required to come on the date indicated on their scheduling slips.
Candidates are to report at the Suleiman Kumo Convocation Square at the University Main Campus, Gidan-Kwano along Minna-Bida road with the following:
- A printout of the 2019/2020 UTME or DE result slip bearing the candidate’s passport photograph (the Passport should not be affixed). The title of the course/programme of choice should be boldly written by the candidate on top of the result slip.
- The printed 2019/2020 University Pre-Admission Screening Exercise (UPASE) scheduling slip.
- A writing material (Biro or Pencil).
- A simple scientific calculator (non-programmable) without cover.
- No candidate will be allowed to participate in the screening exercise without complying with the above requirements.
- The Main Campus at Gidan Kwano along Minna-Bida road is about 20 km away from the Bosso Campus of the University, which is inside Minna town.
- Candidates without personal vehicles may board commercial buses at the rate of N80 to N100 at the Bosso Campus of the University.
- Candidates are not allowed to bring GSM handsets or similar electronic gadgets into the screening hall. Such item(s) will be seized and will not be returned to the owners.
- Impersonation is a serious offence and anyone caught impersonating will be handed over to the law enforcement agents.
- Any registered candidate who fails to report for the screening exercise on the date and time specified on the print-out automatically loses his or her chance of being screened for admission.
- Candidates are advised to arrive at the Suleiman Kumo Convocation Square at the Main Campus, Gidan Kwano on the scheduled dates for the screening exercise at least one hour prior to the scheduled time on their slips.
All enquiries should be directed to the following: email@example.com or call 08168189680 and 08028949142.